Flight Park Kirama is an exercise to design and build mountain ranges. It is set on a fictional island group between the East China Sea and the Philippine Sea.
This mod also includes two missions using a "smooth flying challenges" engine I previously made, but never completed the original mission pack it was meant for.
Uses the following Unity Asset Store packages (not included in repository):
- EasyRoads3D Pro
- Terrain Sample Asset Pack
- The PC/Mac download option is a link to the releases on GitHub. The changelog is found there. Click on the SPMOD file to download it.
- The Source Code download option is a link to the GitHub repository.
A handy map showing the locations of airfields and the height of some mountains.
The North Airport services the northern island. To avoid the competition for limited airport services, transit flights use this airport. This airport is equipped with the precision approach path indicator (PAPI) system, and a distance readout using the targeting system.
The larger South Airport provides air travel connections across the island chain. It also has many small hangars for personal aircraft. Like the other airport, this one is also equipped with the PAPI system and distance readout.
- East Bay Airfield. Privately owned, but free to use for bush pilots. Being just a dirt strip, it is very bumpy by runway standards.
- Former WW2 Airfield. Now run by locals and provides an alternative to travelling by land or sea.
Copy some settings from a parent Terrain to child Terrains, making it easier to work with many Terrains.
Provides precision approach services to a runway.
Get unique day/night cycles for your map by setting its coordinates and date. Recommended for temperate and polar settings.
- Uses Unity OpenXR. Untested on Mac, or with VR.
- Shadows not appearing on East Bay and WW2 airfield runways.