Profile image

Future updates to the Google Play version of SimplePlanes will no longer support mods

Dev AndrewGarrison  1.9 years ago

We received notice from Google Play that they are going to start requiring 64-bit support. Normally, this wouldn't be a big issue, however doing this will require us to change how we build SimplePlanes for Android and we will need to change the scripting backend from Mono (which allows mod support) and move to IL2CPP (which does not allow mod support). Unfortunately, this means the Google Play version will no longer be able to support mods.

I just wanted to let you know so this didn't come out of the blue with the next update. Sorry for the bad news. However, the bright side is that the Android version will likely see performance improvements because of this. iOS has been built for 64-bit with IL2CPP for some time, so it won't see any additional performance gains. The macOS and Windows versions won't change and will continue to have mod support (except on the Mac App Store, where mod support is prohibited by Apple's TOS).

• Profile image

@MrGreen hmm, idk how smoke mod still works. I'll try it

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    2,940 MrGreen

@MuizTheRailfan 1.10

one month ago
  • Profile image

@MrGreen but what version

one month ago
  • Profile image
    2,940 MrGreen

@MuizTheRailfan im up to date on the newest version, but i heard that only maps work on android

one month ago
  • Profile image

@MrGreen which version you play

one month ago
  • Profile image
    2,940 MrGreen

Lol a few days ago i downloaded the rails mod and it worked fine. Yes i am on android

one month ago
  • Profile image
    150 Spangsege

Pleaseeeeee i want mods on Android

9 months ago
  • Profile image
    594 Toxicity

@AndrewGarrison 1 i know this is kind of a late response but i understand. With the game being a few years old technology has improved. especially in phones. but lets hope for the best and just maybe there will be a way :)

one year ago
  • Profile image
    270 JCF6

@andrewgarrison will Amazon app store still work?!?

1.6 years ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness i close my case

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness but my ban was over before you added extra time and perma banned my second account, it wouldn't have counted as ban evasion when about an hour before i was rebanned my accounts ban was over, therefore as my account was unbanned before the reban it couldn't have counted as avoiding a ban which, at the time, did not exist

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@Atomicdragon for ban evasion. Circumventing a ban with an alt is a bannable offense.

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness one question, why did my second account get perma banned and my main one for an extra 5 days?

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@Atomicdragon apology accepted. Try to be nicer to the community from now on please.

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness my account has been unbanned so first things first, i would like to appologise for my stupid reaction to it, i just didn't like it and that combined with my anger problems made it worse. I am deeply sorry

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image
    9,447 CarsonG1017

Well, I guess this ends my SP career on Android. Fortunately my laptop is unscathed by this, but I feel bad for all those who are majorly effected by this.

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@JamesBoA He's speaking fowl language, duh

+1 1.7 years ago
  • Profile image
    44.9k Wogchamp

@JamesBoA Bock bock

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image
    3,215 WrightAirCo

Think about it, with future updates that will incorperate some of the best mods, that would increase the amount of fun for iOS users, it would allow the devs to continue to develop such a great game, and it would unite the Android and iOS users. So really, this is a small problem that could lead to an even greater game@Atomicdragon2005

+1 1.7 years ago
  • Profile image
    13.0k Botfinder

@EternalDarkness I agree with you on that.

@Atomicdragon try to not use fowl language, it will not benefit you. It will only hurt you if you kept it up.

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@Atomicdragon your comment has been removed for excessive profanity. To clarify, devs aren't removing mod support from android version because they want to, but because they have to. Alternative is no further development of SimplePlanes. Devs are working hard to add features of all of the most important mods into the stock game so that Android users don't suffer much of a loss, and that's the best thing they can do in the given circumstances.
    This is a nice and friendly community, and toxicity is looked down upon, and is against the rules. You will get a lot more pleasure from this game if you try to be friendly to the rest of the community.

+7 1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@Atomicdragon Good job; you've single-handedly earned yourself a ban.

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image
    7,036 Roswell

@Atomicdragon boi there's is no place for such foul language you and you are probably going to banned for this.
    I'm just as upset about this too but please read the rules

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

F in the replies boys

1.7 years ago
  • Profile image

@Atomicdragon Chill mf

1.7 years ago