Profile image

Magnets and flares are an odd combo [Gif]

141k spefyjerbf  7 months ago

I had to take a break from studying, so naturally, I decided to mess around with some 1.8 parts. I tried to see if I could find an alternate way to produce thrust (that was spaceworthy), but I ultimately failed in that process. However, I did find something that is... gif-worthy:

When flares that are held by a magnet de-spawn, they make their host aircraft come to a complete stop. Pretty cool, but I don't really have a use for it.

I just wanted to share a little gif, so thanks for reading! Oh, and don't worry - I'll release the Nomad's Proclamation sometime. I just gotta write the description, which I plan to do on a flight that I have to catch in a few days.

• Profile image

@spefyjerbf I think my engine was the smallest jet, power multiplied by 12000x, if you wanna try that too
    Had like a 50% chance of working, 50% chance of crashing the game tho, so it may not be the most practical

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    141k spefyjerbf

@BACconcordepilot Interesting. I’ll give it a try.

7 months ago
  • Profile image

See if missiles can hit you when stopped, found a glitch a while back where a modded engine stopped the plane in midair like this, and missiles fired from the ice base would miss repeatedly by about 10 ft

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    35.6k ACEPILOT109

floating platform

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    141k spefyjerbf

@Stormfur They do the trick pretty well. They also work in space, too, which is very convenient.

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image
    7,222 Stormfur

Talk about air brakes

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

Ultra carrier brakes.

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@TitanIncorporated never thought of using flares in this way lol.

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    141k spefyjerbf

@belugasub Ha, I gotta avoid over-studying though!

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@spefyjerboooh good idea

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    75.5k belugasub

Get back to studying right now

+8 7 months ago
  • Profile image
    141k spefyjerbf

@randomusername Awesome. I might look into that! I would have to streamline the concept a lot though.
    Edit: of course, I will give credit where it is due!

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

Shoot the flares at your build @spefyjerbf
    If your build weighs one pound and the flare is launched at 90 force, you can get enough thrust. The further away the countermeasure dispenser is from the build, the more launch force can be applied.

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image
    141k spefyjerbf

@randomusername Awesome. If you don't mind me asking, what parts does it use? I still haven't been able to find one.

+2 7 months ago
  • Profile image
    141k spefyjerbf

@Minecraftpoweer The physics get confused when it happens. I originally did this to try to "catch" the momentum of the flares to propel my aircraft, but this happened instead. It made for a fun gif though!

7 months ago
  • Profile image

I found a space worthy fuel less engine now.
    Thank you @spefyjerbf

7 months ago
  • Profile image

Ooh cool, I only knew they could be attached to magnets, I didn't test on an Aircraft so I guess that explains the stop in midair for no reason at all thing.

7 months ago
  • Profile image

Elite Arsenals should use this.

7 months ago