so uh, as some of you have noticed, I do keep track of all my trains I've uploaded, which is more than a 100. Quite a lot of choo choos.
With the addition of magnets in 1.8, we can now mix rolling stock and locomotives. With that being said, I present to you a Train Storage 2.0, this one is for magnet related builds only. It goes by train type, then by railroad. All locomotives have the same controls as the original post, except 6 is the magnets. This may be 7 on some.
How it works:
1. Spawn as a locomotive on a supported map.
2. Move locomotive forward or reverse accordingly, giving enough space for the desired train length.
3. Spawn in any train under the category Rolling Stock. This includes boxcars, coaches, flatbeds, etc.
4. Depending on the locomotive's activation group, activate the magnet. General AG's are 7, some may be set to 6.
5. Approach the cars slowly, under 10mph.
6. Once connected, drive in the desired direction. Be gentle on corners, to avoid a derailment.
Locomotives (Power. Electric, steam, gas/diesel)
Atlantic Shoreline 100
Rolling Stock (Freight, Passenger, MoW)
3 Wooden Reefers
Pullman Heavy Weight
-Generic/No road name
Bobber Caboose Red
Bobber Caboose Green
Bobber Caboose Tan
Bobber Caboose Brown
Old West Coaches Red
Old West Coaches Grey
Old West Coaches Yellow
Old West Coaches Green
Heavy Weight green
Old West Flatcars
Old West Logging Cars
Old West Tanker
Tiny Modern Hoppers Blue
Tiny Modern Hoppers Orange
Tiny Modern Hoppers Cream
Tiny Modern Hoppers White and long version
Tiny Modern Hoppers Red
Tiny Modern Hoppers Green
Stock Cars Green
Stock Cars Red
Stock Cars Yellow
I highly recommend you check out and use other player built rolling stock.
You can try them out here.
Make sure you have the maps installed!