so uh, as some of you have noticed, I do keep track of all my trains I've uploaded, which is more than a 100. Quite a lot of choo choos.
With the addition of magnets in 1.8, we can now mix rolling stock and locomotives. With that being said, I present to you a Train Storage 2.0, this one is for magnet related builds only. It goes by train type, then by railroad. All locomotives have the same controls as the original post, except 6 is the magnets. This may be 7 on some.
How it works:
1. Spawn as a locomotive on a supported map.
2. Move locomotive forward or reverse accordingly, giving enough space for the desired train length.
3. Spawn in any train under the category Rolling Stock. This includes boxcars, coaches, flatbeds, etc.
4. Depending on the locomotive's activation group, activate the magnet. General AG's are 7, some may be set to 6.
5. Approach the cars slowly, under 10mph.
6. Once connected, drive in the desired direction. Be gentle on corners, to avoid a derailment.
-Belfast and Moosehead Lake
70 Ton Green
-Disney World Railroad
Walt E Disney
-Generic/No Road Name
Plymouth ML-8 1976
Plymouth ML-8 Green
Plymouth ML-8 Blue
Plymouth ML-8 Red
ALCo S4 Reskinner Template
GP7 Reskinner Template
4-6-2 Reskinner Template
GE 70 Ton Yellow
I highly recommend you check out and use other player built rolling stock.
You can try them out here.
Make sure you have the maps installed!