Profile image

Airships Of History Series

7,181 BurkeEnterprise  2.2 years ago

This was series was created when I first found out how to build realistic lighter than air vehicles in SimplePlanes. it has grown to be my flagship series and what I'm mostly known for.

Goodyear-Zeppelin GZ-20

Link
Although i'd had some experimental designs before, this was the first replica i've ever built, and it still holds up fairly well, albet the reletively primitive and heavy controls.

D-LZ 127 Graf Zeppelin

Link
This is the one build I am least proud of, I sacrificed everything from performance to looks to make the largest airship I could

HMA R-101

Link
This started my second massive airship breakthrough. an airship that flies like a balloon. with neutral boyency and fluid controls, the R-101 was my flagship... ship for 6 months, and continues to be one of my personal favorites.

ZRS-4 U.S.S. Akron

link
Now this. This is me at my best. 6 months of development lead to the most realistic airship in the game. It has more detail than all my other builds put together, and yet manages to be semi mobile friendly. This is a jack of all trades and a master of all, my current flagship, and my favourite.

• Profile image
    2,771 Raindrop

Thank you, @BurkeEnterprise

2.2 years ago
  • Profile image

@xXRaindropXx ignore that, it is an outdated design. Try the r101 if you're interested in making a copy.

2.2 years ago
  • Profile image
    2,771 Raindrop

Sorry I don’t really understand the process, especially the wing thing in the middle @BurkeEnterprise

2.2 years ago
  • Profile image

@xXRaindropXx take them apart and see! All non detail parts (like fins, body shapes, gondolas, and decals) are free to use.

2.2 years ago
  • Profile image
    2,771 Raindrop

How do you build these

2.2 years ago