Profile image

Ground Attack Plane Challenge Results (In Progress)

19.1k RMark1  3.5 years ago

Here are the current results, as there are over 40 entries it will take more time before they are done.
I am experiencing technical difficulties with the forum page

Botfinder’s A2 Sirens:

Design:6/10?
Flight Performance: 3/10?
Build Quality & Liveries:  5/10?
Weaponry:  8/10?
Extra Points: 0/5?

22/45

Notes: Nice shape and design, a little basic with no standout features. Flies at a realistic speed and is stable, but very slow at pitching making it ineffective in dives. Well armed against ground, but could do with more variety

TMach5’s Mig 21 Fishbed GA

Design:  8/10
Flight Performance:  7/10?
Build Quality & Liveries: 8/10?
Weaponry:  6/10?
Extra Points:  4/5?

33/45

Notes: Very nice design, good quality and liveries are sensational. Is manoeuvrable, agile, but quite unstable. Has some nice features (afterburner, ejection seat, cockpit). Is not particularly well armed for a ground assault

Sarpanitu’s Hexecutioner

Design:  9/10?
Flight Performance: 6/10?
Build Quality & Liveries: 10/10?
Weaponry: 8/10?
Extra Points: 3/5

35/45

Notes: Looks amazing, great build quality and the liveries look stunning. It is not the most manoeuvrable aircraft, but it does the job. It is also not very stable which can make it hard to control at times. It is very well armed against both air and ground targets. The different flight modes are a nice touch

Mumpsy’s A-44 War Pig

Flight Performance: 9/10?
Build Quality & Liveries: 10/10?
Weaponry: 8/10?
Extra Points: 1/5

37/45

Notes: Nice shape and design, the liveries are realistic and clean. It takes a while to take off, but once in the air it is stable and manoeuvrable. It tends to pitch down, but it can be fixed with trim as described in the planes description. The afterburner and lighting are nice features, but other than that there is not much to it. It is very well armed, but could do with more.

TMach5’s MIG-89-VENOM

Design: 6/10?
Flight Performance: 8/10?
Build Quality & Liveries: 5/10?
Weaponry: 10/10?

32/45

Notes: Is a little boxy and the build quality is not amazing. The liveries and very impressive. It is very manoeuvrable and stable in flight, but tends to be a little fast to make precision attacks. It is very well armed and has a variety of powerful weapons. The ejection seat and cockpit are nice features, but is is not enough to score more than 3 out of 5.

Killjoy876’s Ground Attack Plane Challenge

Design:  5/10?
Flight Performance: 6/10?
Build Quality & Liveries: 4/10?
Extra Points: 0/5

25/45

Notes: Design is unrealistic, but original. Build quality is nothing amazing, one part appears to fall off. There are no liveries on the aircraft. It is very well armed against both ground, air and water targets, scoring an easy 10 in this section. The vehicle does not have any special features that score extra points.

TMach5’s A-1 Skyraider

Flight Performance: 7/10?
Build Quality & Liveries: 9/10?

38/45

Notes: Design looks amazing and it is perfectly proportioned. The nose section looks a little awkward. Build quality is excellent and the livery looks great, although it lacks the detail that a 10/10 commands. The plane flies well enough, but it is a little sluggish on the throttle and controls scoring it a 7/10. It is very well armed for a plane of its size and includes a variety of different weapons. The ejection seat and custom gears earn it a 3/5 for extra points.

danman12’s GAC A-10

• Design:  8/10?
  • Flight Performance: 8/10?
  • Build Quality & Liveries: 7/10?
  • Weaponry: 10/10?
  • Extra Points: 2/5

35/45

Notes: Design looks very nice and it is a very accurate replica. It however does lack finer details. The build quality is excellent, but the craft does not have any sort of livery and looks somewhat blank. The plane flies very nicely and is quite manoeuvrable, but can be unstable on takeoff and could be more agile. It is armed with a variety of deadly weapons which gives it a score of 10/10. While the craft lacks most features, the custom gears are beautiful giving it 2/5.

• Profile image
    13.0k greasytortle

Don't forget about us @RMark1

2.2 years ago
  • Profile image
    56.1k AviownCorp

@RMark1 are you alright?

+1 3.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    56.1k AviownCorp

@RMark1 one month is enough for an exam. I hope you can concentrate on judging now dear!

+2 3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    15.0k Texasfam04

Have you lost interest in finishing this challenge? Just curious, i know the challenge came at a bad time for your schooling. Either way it was fun building for it thanks for setting it up.
    @RMark1

+1 3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    56.1k AviownCorp

@RMark1 how many entries left? I know that you have exam but it's already 20 days since you have posted it.

3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    56.1k AviownCorp

@RMark1 ok but without interrupting your exam.

3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    19.1k RMark1

Well. I hope to get more entries done this weekend @AviownCorp

+1 3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    56.1k AviownCorp

@RMark1 how is your exam going?

3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    19.1k RMark1

Also it takes like half an hour to do one plane the way I judge it @CaesiciusPlanes

3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    19.1k RMark1

@CaesiciusPlanes I have a life. Sorry its just that I have loads of exams right now and i timed this challenge pretty badly

3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    19.1k RMark1

@Tully2001 ok

3.4 years ago
  • Profile image
    110k TMach5

I love these detailed assessments! Totally worth the wait. :-)

3.5 years ago
  • Profile image
    11.0k danman12

@RMark1 oh hahaha I knew that I have School to😂 sry bro

3.5 years ago
  • Profile image
    30.2k soundwave

OOH CAN’T WAIT

3.5 years ago
  • Profile image
    19.1k RMark1

I have school, but expect a few more within the next couple hours @danman12

3.5 years ago
  • Profile image
    11.0k danman12

I’ve noticed no changes in the results today what’s going on?

3.5 years ago
  • Profile image
    19.1k RMark1

@jamesPLANESii yes, its just that I have over 40 entries and it takes ~15 minutes to do one. People are getting tired of waiting so I am updating over time so they know how it is going

3.5 years ago
  • Profile image
    56.1k AviownCorp

Ok I am waiting!

3.5 years ago
  • Profile image

When I did my bush plane challenge marking, I put it all in a google doc and then copied it and pasted it into the SP forums.

3.5 years ago