Alright I just wanted to see what actually does and doesn't work in terms of formatting on this site. I'll also add explanations on how to do each one.
A note to anyone reading this: do not abuse the formatting, particularly the headings and in-line images. It just annoys everyone.
Another note: Since this was pinned for everyone to see and the user that posted it is no longer active, I've updated it to be formatted better and add code blocks. Also btw it looks way cooler with my dark theme script - WNP78
Italics, bold, both, italics, bold, both
*Italics*, **bold**, ***both***, _italics_, __bold__, ___both___
Other heading 1
Other heading 2
Other heading 3
Other heading 4
#Heading 1 ##Heading 2 ###Heading 3 ####Heading 4 #####Heading 5 ######Heading 6 Other heading 1 ====== Other heading 2 = Other heading 3 ------ Other heading 4 -
To make a code block like this, leave a blank line before it, then put 4 spaces at the start of each line.
- bullet point
- and indenting
- alternative bullet point
- and more indenting!
- next bullet point
Nested lists seem to have weird spacing issues on aircraft descriptions and comments sometimes. There must be a blank space before the start of the list.
- bullet point 1. numbering 2. and indenting * alternative bullet point * and more indenting! - next bullet point
Section breaks - the horizontal lines I'm using to break this all up - are three underscores in a row.
- Imgur images embedded in the site don't work because of them blocking requests with origin of this site. Some people get around this by changing the link from
http, but this can cause security warnings in some browsers.
- Images can be placed in the text section of links, making it a clickable image.
Stuff that doesn't work:
- the less than symbol ( < ) doesn't work if immediately followed by a letter
- strikethrough and superscript don't work at all
BECAUSE IT KNOWS WHERE IT ISN'T
hey how do we do the ones on a user pages? like users visited or something
The missile knows where it is
Other heading 2
testing Other heading 1
I can't figure them out
How does one do a line break in a comment without just using one of these:
I've been trying to figure that out for ages.