Profile image

NEED HELP, PLEASE!

31.2k Sergio666  yesterday

Hello comrades, I need help from this great community, I'm working on a helicopter, and the truth is I don't have much experience with them.
My problem is the following: the helicopter tends to turn a little to the left, on its own axis. Install a secondary jet engine, to give it forward thrust, and the problem is solved. My frustration is in static flight as it tends to spin a bit.

• Profile image
    406k BogdanX

@Sergio666 the main rotor spins the whole helicopter because a property collectiveDrag (search for in Overload)
    Edit that to zero also set the tail rotor to 0 and the heli will be stable when hovering.
    Still, when pitchin forward, the heli will lean to one side.
    You can fix that using fake main and tail rotors, just for visuals (power=0) and using 2 scaled main rotors hidden inside Ka-52 configuration. Identical rotors, on top of each other, one inverted.

PS: Also be sure your COM is perfectly aligned with those, so heli won't auto-pitch up or down

+1 5 hours ago
  • Profile image
    31.2k Sergio666

@tarikGR

yesterday
  • Profile image
    10.3k Aviator01

@Sergio666 Also, make sure the center of lift is aligned with the canter of mass.

+1 yesterday
  • Profile image

You could try replacing the tail rotor yaw input with Yaw-(YawRate*0.05).
    You may need to change the number for more or less sensitivity.

+1 yesterday
  • Profile image
    31.2k Sergio666

Yes, comrade, and gyroscope (I edited it a bit, because the helicopter is something big) @Avioator01

+1 yesterday
  • Profile image
    10.3k Aviator01

Does it have a tail rotator?

yesterday