Profile image

SP Is GPU Bound Now...

30.1k PlaneFlightX  5 days ago

I'll provide more information about this in a future main progress update for the SWL-120, but basically, in an effort to reduce CPU impact, I modelled some seats and then added them to the game. 5 parts for the whole interior. I'm using 90% of my 3060 when playing now. This was developed alongside klm747's Airliner Seats mod, and my seats are more of a step up in detail then his simple seats. I'm actually going to release a dedicated mod for the SWL-120 (and of course a no mods version will be released) which includes both my seats, one of his seats, and a few other special parts to reduce CPU usage.

• Profile image
    30.1k PlaneFlightX

@Hazerz meh too lazy. I might in the future.

+1 15 hours ago
  • Profile image
    3,728 Hazerz

And business

23 hours ago
  • Profile image
    3,728 Hazerz

What about first class and economy?

23 hours ago
  • Profile image

seats kinda look like among-

yesterday
  • Profile image
    30.1k PlaneFlightX

@V Yeah, in fact if I drag out like 20 of the base parts (the seat bases for the whole interior), my GPU maxes out and the CPU is barely doing anything.

4 days ago
  • Profile image
    28.5k V

@PlaneFlightX your probably right, since my 100k part attempts would be at a poly count of 1.2mil at max

4 days ago
  • Profile image
    30.1k PlaneFlightX

@V I think it's because these seats are intense. I spent a total of twenty hours modelling a set of three seats (with every nook and cranny having details...), and then I have 447 of them. There are millions of vertices. Most edges are rounded off with another 15 sided corners. That's a lot of 3D stuff to render. Literally all the parts in SP are simple meshes compared to even one of these seats.

4 days ago
  • Profile image
    28.5k V

It's odd with your plane being so hard on your GPU. with my 100,000 part creation attempts, I am being bottlenecked by ram allocation. My GPU and CPU are almost unaffected. My specs are worse than yours, with a core i5 10th gen and a GeForce gtx 1650 with 4 gigs of VRAM and 64 gigs of DDR4

4 days ago
  • Profile image

@HuskyDynamics01

The next logical step is to just model the entire thing and make a one-part airliner.

😳😳😳
    If 1 part airliners are a vanilla feature on SP, then only NASA supercomputers will run SP at that point

+1 5 days ago
  • Profile image
    18.6k xNotDumb

T

5 days ago
  • Profile image
    32.5k BeastHunter

T

5 days ago
  • Profile image
    8,626 X99STRIKER

@PlaneFlightX
    D: D: D:

5 days ago
  • Profile image
    30.1k PlaneFlightX

@X99STRIKER no. Even back when android was available (for my first ever mods), I couldn't figure out how.

5 days ago
  • Profile image
    8,626 X99STRIKER

@PlaneFlightX
    Would it be possible to make modded parts like this downloadable on mobile?
    maybe!? :D :D :D

+1 5 days ago
  • Profile image
    30.1k PlaneFlightX

@HuskyDynamics01 That's what I'm thinking of. 1 part for each whole body. A basic plane would be like 50 parts, because of rotators and each 3D model, not including the cockpit switches, physics wings, landing gear, etc. But yeah, it would make SP a gpu dependant game.

+1 5 days ago
  • Profile image

The next logical step is to just model the entire thing and make a one-part airliner.

+7 5 days ago