Profile image

Bug thread for v1.12.128 (current version)

Dev PhilipTarpley  3 months ago

This is the place for people to report bugs/issues related to the following main updates, and subsequent hotfix updates (bringing it up to the current version of v1.12.128):

Most relevant release notes:
v1.12.123, v1.12.120/121

Next Release Timing: TBD

Notes:

1. We won't respond to every report, but that doesn't mean it has gone unnoticed. Every report will be seen, even if it doesn't have a direct response.
  2. It is extremely helpful to us if you could upload a simplified version of a craft which shows off the issue that you're having, as well as describing the bug in relative detail to help us track it down/fix it faster.
  3. We may remove comments which are not directly related to bugs/feedback/etc. (including our own). It isn't because they're breaking any rules, or anything. It would just be to help keep this thread more organized, which also helps us investigate the issues more efficiently.

Thanks for helping us make SimplePlanes better :)

• Profile image
    8,950 bosscai

Hi Hi Hi Snowmountain ice base hole bug report: Link (ps: any rewards lmao)

2 days ago
  • Profile image
    16.9k klm747klm747

Hello- The USS Best catapult blast shield doesn't stay down anymore for longer planes. Link to forum post

+1 2 days ago
  • Profile image

The "angle" feature for fuselage blocks does not play nice with fuselages with a non-zero "Rise" value:
    When an angle is applied to a non-zero Rise value, the center around which this angle is applied, is not located at the end of the beam itself. Instead, this "center of angling" is located at the same height (in the direction perpendicular to the rear face of the fuselage) as the center of the beam. This means that when an angle is applied to a beam with a non-zero Rise, this does not only change the angle of the front face, but also affects the effective length of the beam. A visualisation (consisting of a beam with non-zero "Rise", and a turnable needle attached to a cylinder at this beams' "center of angling", showcasing how the face always aligns with this center) is present in the example craft linked below.
    This behaviour is inconsistent with how angles work when the beam has a non-zero "Run". In the case of a non-zero "Run" value, the effective length (the distance to the middle of the front face, A.K.A. the front node, measured perpendicularly to the rear plane) remains unchanged. This difference is once again visualised in the example craft linked below. This behaviour for "Run" is far easier to understand / more intuitive than what happens with "Rise".
    In other words: if you want to change the front face angle of a Risen part in your build, you will currently also have to change the length of the part to make sure it remains aligned with other parts in your build. This does not make any sense, since you seemingly didn't edit any parameters concerning the length.
    Suggested fix:
    Change the "Angle" implementation, such that the "center of angling" always coincides with the front node, at the center of the front face.
    Example Craft

3 days ago
  • Profile image
    254 Nentox888

I have made some missiles with custom exterior and changed some values. They work fine reaching their target and exploding, but after that the touch inputs stop working completely and I have to restart the game.

6 days ago
  • Profile image

@PhilipTarpley I at the 1.12.128 version

7 days ago
  • Profile image

@MrShenanigansSP
    "...I have an aircraft where if the fuselage gets damaged all moving parts such as custom cowl flaps, custom landing gear, even custom control surfaces suddenly don't work.."

Can you give a link to the craft you're referring to and any additional info on what you're seeing/how to re-create the problem?

-

@Teterboro304
    "Missiles are strait up not working. On the cleaver for example, the wings will deploy but the engine just wont work."

I'm not able to reproduce any problems with the missiles. What version are you running. Do they never work, or just under some circumstances?

-

@Samflugzeugpanzer
    "The torpedo physical entity the actual torpedo will aim in random directions while still maintaining original course"

Are you talking about the torpedo propeller? If so, that is a known issue.

-

@PSDDHunter2012
    "The images on descreption can't show, please fix it", and "Sometimes, the other parts get auto bigger and the gear gets higher suspension and damper"

How can I reproduce these problems to test 'em out?

7 days ago
  • Profile image

So I think this has been a bug for a while I have an aircraft where if the fuselage gets damaged all moving parts such as custom cowl flaps, custom landing gear, even custom control surfaces suddenly don't work even if they still work they just flip 90 or 180 degrees which is kind of annoying, please fix this in a future update, I have the aircraft with the problems although it has 2,200 parts (it has 2,200 parts for a custom damage models for like bullet holes)

9 days ago
  • Profile image

The images on descreption can't show, please fix it @PhilipTarpley

12 days ago
  • Profile image

Missiles are strait up not working. On the cleaver for example, the wings will deploy but the engine just wont work.

13 days ago
  • Profile image

It happens sometimes that when building and clicking on a part (i.e. heli engine) that all the values get set to max for no reason

13 days ago
  • Profile image

AI aircraft may not show up or explode in the ground after spawning(Version:1.12.128)

14 days ago
  • Profile image

@PhilipTarpley Sometimes, the other parts get auto bigger and the gear gets higher suspension and damper

14 days ago
  • Profile image

The torpedo physical entity the actual torpedo will aim in random directions while still maintaining original course

14 days ago
  • Profile image
    1,701 Hl

New bug:

For some reason plane explosions are kinda op...

Like when your plane hit the ground atleast 100 speed
    the explosion will send the cockpit 2000+ speed away
    please nerf the explosion. @PhilipTarpley

15 days ago
  • Profile image

Thanks for reporting the issue (@Alisuchanka)

...and @LonelyAustrianUhlan...we're discussing the issue here

19 days ago
  • Profile image
    28.6k PlaneFlightX

Apparently everyone should get a notification when someone follows them. I don't get such notifications.

19 days ago
  • Profile image

@PhilipTarpley I don't know if this has been addressed before, but when I use buttons and switches in the "Once" and "Continuous" modes, the output value doesn't return to 0. Only the "Toggle" mode allows me to turn off the button

21 days ago
  • Profile image
    80.9k Alisuchanka

I experience soft lock when I try to edit or make craft instructions. More info here

21 days ago
  • Profile image
    0 JustAI

@DeveloperKorzalerke I'm just asking why now i know thx

23 days ago
  • Profile image

I'm not sure how big of a deal this is, but there's actually a way to edit curated post descriptions.

23 days ago
  • Profile image

@JustAI Bruh it's not their fault, blame google for requiring 64 bit support.

23 days ago
  • Profile image
    0 JustAI

Why the devs remove android support:( on mods now I can't download my favorite maps and mods on android phone

23 days ago
  • Profile image

After editing Craft instructions and saving them(pressing 'Okay'), Saving designs stops working (pressing save or save and then overwrite does nothing and the design doesn't get saved) only restarting the game lets you save planes again, until you have to edit craft instructions again...

Edit 1: It also makes it that the game gets stuck on 10% when uploading apparently .

+1 25 days ago
  • Profile image

Feature Suggestion For Future Update

The FOX-2 Missile
    Works in a similar way to the Rocket and Interceptor. Selecting the missile will display heat signatures as targets such as: the sun; active engine parts(on separate craft) and Missiles in flight. The Missile can be fired at any time(like the Rocket). After firing it will lock on to the nearest target(at time of launch) in the missile’s FoV
    On the target’s end the “LOCKED” would still be the same and lock can be broken only by flares. I do not know if all of my ideas for FOX-2 missile are possible but it could enable creators to make replicas not using mods better and more realistic finally having a complete selection of air-to-air ordinance to work with.

28 days ago
  • Profile image

I found a bug can be found on multi edit
    After finishing Multi-editing theres
    A part duplication but glowing purple
    Color texture If you play Garry's Mod
    Theres a texture error just like this
    And infact does not Appear when not on
    Build menu

29 days ago