SimplePlanes/VR v1.12.121 is now live on beta branches for Steam. GoG/Google Play are currently on v1.12.120.
Note: Build 1.12.121 has been pushed out to replace 1.12.120 with a new feature, and bug-fixes related to the new wheels. New content since 1.12.120 will be italicized
Other stores will follow as they're approved, and new betas (as needed) will make it to all platforms.
This release contains quite a few bugfixes/usability tweaks, and a handful of pretty cool new features.
Here are the release notes:
- Added zoom to first person cameras!
- Added various new tire types to snazz up your craft's contact patches.
- Added curve direction to labels (Horizontal or Vertical).
- (VR) Added a 'Grip Toggle' setting that can change the grip button behavior to act like a toggle button rather than a press-and-hold button.
- Added button to hide instrument panel.
- Added tooltips for levers.
- Added tooltips for flight sticks, throttles, yoke, and the cylinder grip.
- Added the ability to interact with levers, flight sticks, throttles, yokes, and the cylinder grips via mouse or touch input.
- Added hideRims XML attribute to <ResizableWheel.State> that will hide the wheel's rims when set to true. Default is false.
- Prevent starred aircraft XML from being unloaded from the web cache so they can be loaded even if the device is not connected to the Internet.
- Slightly improved the readability of gauge textures in some cases.
- Added a 'Control Scheme' designer part property to PosedGrip modifiers that allow changing the 'gripType' of the part, that determines which control bindings are used in VR.
- Changed the default grip types (that drive control bindings) for the cylinder grip and the yoke.
- Don't automatically select the connected part when tapping and holding in connections list in the Attachment Editor.
- Fixed a bug where the tractor wheel rim was rotated backwards when direction was set to reversed.
- Fixed a bug where rims on the new tire styles could not be painted a different color.
- Reverse tread direction on Tractor2 and ATV tire styles when Engine Direction is set to Reversed.
- Corrected position of rims on Normal, Offroad, Street, and Tractor tire styles to match previous versions of SimplePlanes.
- MacOS build now working.
- Fixed a bug where a crafts starred in the select airplane UI could forget they were starred if the web cache was cleared.
- Fixed a bug with glass parts rendering on top of the UI in the main menu.
- Fixed a bug with the Brown Pearl's sails drawing on top of the water.
- Fixed a bug where the macOS version was not built with Intel architecture when building Windows + macOS from the build menu.
- Fixed a bug where rotation axes were applied in the wrong space if the ControlBase was rotated.
- Fix a bug where slight floating point errors could lead to a ControlBase going limp (not sure why the physics joint is doing that anyway but this fixes it)
- Fixed a bug where the attitude indicator would throw exceptions if the primary cockpit was changed and the old cockpit was destroyed in the designer.
- Fixed a bug where AI craft were unable to get a missile target lock on the player in many situations
- Fix hands jumping a bit when hovering switches.
- Fixed curvature for special/non-standard characters.
- Fixed a bug where desktop platforms were being locked to 60 FPS and ignoring the VSync setting.