Profile image

Small update to the site rules

Mod SupremeDorian  one month ago

The website rules have been updated to more accurately reflect one particular thing we've been doing recently. I recommend re-reading them to refresh your memory, but the update is as follows:

Don't advertise Discord servers in posts or comments. Please refer to the Discord Server List for how to apply for a spot on the list.

This has been an unwritten rule for a little while now, but it is now official.

With that out of the way, go enjoy 1.11 and, if you feel like a challenge, make a submission for the VRuilding Challenge hosted by this weird Spanish guy named Pedro.

• Profile image
    6,668 Cereal

SimplePlanes is the only one for the very best version thank Jundroo for updating this game

26 days ago
  • Profile image
    2,930 DUCKBIRD

Noice

one month ago
  • Profile image

Lmao "very weird spanish guy named pedro" ._.

one month ago
  • Profile image

F
    @YoDudeChase

one month ago
  • Profile image

I think the 1.11 update just got SP got rebranded by androo to magenta flight sim? Or androo did a collab with blackpink?
    Best update in SP history that made a difference to android users including those in the community that are kpop stans

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    3,952 YoDudeChase

"With that out of the way, go enjoy 1.11"

Me who cant even play sp, just magenta simulator

+3 one month ago
  • Profile image
    4,503 TheMaus

I 100% agree with implementing that one aswell. @Leahh

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image
    769 Leahh

@SupremeDorian even still, Honda make jets and other interesting vehicles which people want to build and some can even spend 10's-100's of hours on. They may be unaware that their creation isn't allowed and then when it does get removed they'll just feel upset that they didn't know. Sure it's a minor rule but it only has to be "Due to copyright, you are not allowed to post Honda related creations". It's a sentence which can just let people know about it

+10 one month ago
  • Profile image

@Leahh making a specific rule for that probably wouldn't be the best idea and it doesn't need to be enforced much anyway

one month ago
  • Profile image
    769 Leahh

@SupremeDorian not allowing Hondas due to copyright?

one month ago
  • Profile image

@Leahh such as?

one month ago
  • Profile image
    16.4k WiiMini

@SodiumIodide
    Here you go-
    hands popcorn

+3 one month ago
  • Profile image
    33.1k SodiumIodide

Yes please! @WiiMini

one month ago
  • Profile image
    4,503 TheMaus

I’m not even mad.

one month ago
  • Profile image

@SodiumIodide it was implemented because Vincent was enforcing it without it being written down. I will also have you know that SPFC caused this too

one month ago
  • Profile image
    16.4k WiiMini

@SodiumIodide
    I respect the…neutrality of that. Obviously a few, parts can be disputed, but it’s accurate. Anyways you want some popcorn?

one month ago
  • Profile image
    6,113 xNotDumb

I don't use discord :^

one month ago
  • Profile image
    40.1k KnightOfRen

@Leahh exactly

one month ago
  • Profile image
    33.1k SodiumIodide

I'll just put this here, but pinning most of the blame on SPSC does have some merit, the server itself did have one of the most aggressive ad campaigns compared to any SP server that I recalled, this includes; bombing other peoples comment sections with invite links, and massed adverts / regular adverts on forums.
    Just to contextualise this for some users I took a 3day timeline, a couple of weeks after the massed advert, we had 3 forum posts and about 8 comments (in forums and builds whose owners are not non affiliated with SPSC). This does not includes posts/comments that were removed due to reports and self moderation, builds and videos that were for advertisement purposes. (So I would presume that it would be a bit higher). Anyway having this occur every week is not beneficial towards the community. I'm sorry but I don't want any adverts for servers my comment sections no matter the server, and I presume the same goes for the majority of the community due to the reaction against the barrage of adverts. (with a few exceptions).
    I don't feel like any server is really innocent but SPSC imo is the straw that broke the camels back. Anyway please remember this website is for sharing builds not advertising discord servers :P
    Also more of a question but didn't SPCS have a pretty strong advert campaign too during this time??? Anyway SPSC might get a little flak for confusion if so...
    For those who think I'm purely against SPSC, I'm not. On a personal level I'm kinda upset and disappointed that this rule had be implemented. At the end of the day it was a team effort, some contributed more than others and I am only stating the data I have gathered over my 3 years of being on this site.
    Sorry if this comment causes any trouble for the staff team.

+16 one month ago
  • Profile image
    769 Leahh

What about the other unwritten rules too?

+2 one month ago
  • Profile image
    113k Kennneth

@BaconAircraft phak uu

one month ago
  • Profile image

laughs in not having a discord account

one month ago
  • Profile image
    5,595 Red0Bulll

All Hail @SnoWFLakE0s

+1 one month ago