Profile image

I Am No Longer A Moderator

234k EternalDarkness  9 months ago

Apparently, someone has reported a joke I made on SPBC about the current situation in Afghanistan, which Andrew took as enough to remove my moderator role. I no longer have any mod powers, and the red banner will be removed soon too.
It has been a pleasure serving this community for so many years. I have made many friends, and I intend to keep them. I will not be abandoning the game and the community. I'm waiting for the update to finish some awesome builds.
Unfortunately, you can no longer ping me to fix your successor links. That duty now goes to Vincent, Dorian, and whoever gets selected to replace me. I will also no longer be settling disputes, hunting down underaged users, removing copy builds, or performing any other moderator duties.

Yours sincerely,
EternalDarkness

Edit: I was informed that it's actually about a statement I made on the counterproductive influence of BLM on the general view of the African Americans, where I forgot to translate every word to newspeak, on a private server I'm in.

• Profile image

Thank you all for support. I wasn't expecting so many of you will be there. I can't possibly hope to reply to each of your comments individually, but I appreciate them all.

Pinned 9 months ago
  • Profile image
    6,445 Gx

@EternalDarkness now i'll remember for sure that you arent a mod anymore

+2 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    6,445 Gx

@EternalDarkness LMAO.

+2 5 months ago
  • Profile image

@Grroro eh, I'm happier without that stuff.

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    6,445 Gx

Bloody 4 months pass and I still have to remind myself that EternalDarkness is not you happy go lucky moderator anymore, big oof dude.

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@Bernkastel thanks.

6 months ago
  • Profile image
    32.1k Bernkastel

ED my man, who pushed me to building limits silently.

I hope you have a good day, you'll always be the mod I know

+5 6 months ago
  • Profile image

Dang, I actually am writing an essay for my American Literature class on how Cancel Culture, McCarthyism, and the Crucible are related, and honestly this story would fit perfectly. A person (no matter if he is a moderator for SP or not) says something controversial on a PRIVATE Discord Server, and then someone tattle tales and that said individual is removed from their position of authority, even though it states nowhere in the rules that mods cannot express views/comments.
    I am a Trumpet player in my High School's marching band, and I am a very open right winger/patriot. I wear hats, shirts, outfits, post pictures, a whole bunch of stuff to show what I believe in. Despite my standing, surprisingly, my band directors have appointed me to a section leader! This is the right thing to do! No one should be removed/banned from authority or standing because of what they support. That's called freedom! Why can't it be the same on a website about building airplanes? I honestly believe that Andrews decision was kind of ridiculous.
    One crucial detail is that you said whatever you said on a PRIVATE SERVER. And the way the story went, we only found out about your comments because of the snitch. Soooo, the people who didn't want the comments leaked, were the ones who leaked the comments! And then you are taken down as a Mod. The stupidity is immense! If you were on a public server, then maybe Andrew's decision would have been more understandable, for the good of the company. But the private server makes this whole thing really sad and wrong, as it was a total overreach of power, as I'm pretty sure your mod contract didn't say you couldn't express your political opinion.
    To wrap it up, again, this is dumb, even if you were ready to quit. Andrew's actions were very overreactive, and quite frankly, out of the entire Dev/Mod team's area of authority. Also, sorry this was kind of out of the blue haha.

+12 6 months ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness I'm really sorry tat happened, ED..
    Please note this: Your one the best builders on this site and I (along with other users here) appreciate your contribution to this lovely game/site.

+1 6 months ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness whatever happens,

I will always be there for you ED, always
    +1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness oh that was a type o

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@Blaize1380 I'm not leaving lol

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

well that sucks but I'm happy to hear that you are leaving

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    3,338 Heneepr

I guess people just like to hear what they believe.

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

@SuperSabre1945 actually, and not to start drama, but you had plenty of warning. That's why you don't promote yourself on other people's builds

+1 7 months ago
  • Profile image

Really sad to hear this bro 😔

+4 7 months ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness Serves you right. That's what you get for literally banning me with little warning and little reason for 1 month. You never deserved to be a mod anyways.

7 months ago
  • Profile image
    1,710 Bruher

Uhm... What was that?

7 months ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness strength friend, I like your nation very much, and I hope you come back with the works.

8 months ago
  • Profile image
    9,666 BreadCarbs

i think the person removed it before it tagged you, because the creator tagged me but i never got it because he deleted it, also im glad your staying, SimplePlanes.com is not sp.com without players like your

8 months ago
  • Profile image

@Skylerr your tag must have failed. I'm still here.

8 months ago
  • Profile image
    9,666 BreadCarbs

you were the best moderator i ever knew

+2 8 months ago
  • Profile image
    9,666 BreadCarbs

:( i used to tag you on weird builds, i did yesterday but you never responded, goodbye good friend

8 months ago
  • Profile image

Just came back to SP and wth is this

8 months ago
  • Profile image
    2,981 TailessAce

@Bluesly same here, @EternalDarkness, just wanted to say my respects, you've helped quite a lot in this community. Maybe they might give you it back one day who knows.

8 months ago