Profile image

I Am No Longer A Moderator

229k EternalDarkness  one month ago

Apparently, someone has reported a joke I made on SPBC about the current situation in Afghanistan, which Andrew took as enough to remove my moderator role. I no longer have any mod powers, and the red banner will be removed soon too.
It has been a pleasure serving this community for so many years. I have made many friends, and I intend to keep them. I will not be abandoning the game and the community. I'm waiting for the update to finish some awesome builds.
Unfortunately, you can no longer ping me to fix your successor links. That duty now goes to Vincent, Dorian, and whoever gets selected to replace me. I will also no longer be settling disputes, hunting down underaged users, removing copy builds, or performing any other moderator duties.

Yours sincerely,
EternalDarkness

Edit: I was informed that it's actually about a statement I made on the counterproductive influence of BLM on the general view of the African Americans, where I forgot to translate every word to newspeak, on a private server I'm in.

• Profile image

Thank you all for support. I wasn't expecting so many of you will be there. I can't possibly hope to reply to each of your comments individually, but I appreciate them all.

Pinned one month ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness oh that was a type o

7 days ago
  • Profile image

@Blaize1380 I'm not leaving lol

+1 7 days ago
  • Profile image

well that sucks but I'm happy to hear that you are leaving

7 days ago
  • Profile image
    3,008 Heneepr

I guess people just like to hear what they believe.

+1 7 days ago
  • Profile image

@SuperSabre1945 actually, and not to start drama, but you had plenty of warning. That's why you don't promote yourself on other people's builds

+1 7 days ago
  • Profile image

Really sad to hear this bro 😔

+2 8 days ago
  • Profile image
    5,522 PSsyalperdna

Serves you right. That's what you get for literally banning me with little warning and little reason for 1 month. You never deserved to be a mod anyways.

BRUH

+3 8 days ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness Serves you right. That's what you get for literally banning me with little warning and little reason for 1 month. You never deserved to be a mod anyways.

11 days ago
  • Profile image
    1,670 Bruher

Uhm... What was that?

12 days ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness strength friend, I like your nation very much, and I hope you come back with the works.

24 days ago
  • Profile image
    9,588 Skylerr

i think the person removed it before it tagged you, because the creator tagged me but i never got it because he deleted it, also im glad your staying, SimplePlanes.com is not sp.com without players like your

26 days ago
  • Profile image

@Skylerr your tag must have failed. I'm still here.

27 days ago
  • Profile image
    9,588 Skylerr

you were the best moderator i ever knew

+2 27 days ago
  • Profile image
    9,588 Skylerr

:( i used to tag you on weird builds, i did yesterday but you never responded, goodbye good friend

27 days ago
  • Profile image

Just came back to SP and wth is this

one month ago
  • Profile image
    1,783 FearlessAce

@Bluesly same here, @EternalDarkness, just wanted to say my respects, you've helped quite a lot in this community. Maybe they might give you it back one day who knows.

one month ago
  • Profile image
    646 Bluesly

well I didn't expect this when i came back

one month ago
  • Profile image
    7,787 JuanNotAnAlt

@CharlesDeGaulle yea I agree with you

one month ago
  • Profile image

@JuanNotAnAlt
    They are real spies, with moles on all the servers !!!
    Let them meddle with their site, and not meddle with what people think and their privacy, or what they say to each other outside of the site.
    Also, I don't see what he said wrong except the truth.
    They don't have to impose their political version of things, and we say whatever we want outside of the site, anyway, that's what I do, and I don't care (at the same time i only have a little account with 3000 points, so they can ban me, I don't care)
    The trick to do in this case is to create a Discord account dedicated to SP servers...

+4 one month ago
  • Profile image
    7,787 JuanNotAnAlt

@CharlesDeGaulle
    "If we find out that you are harassing a moderator on a 3rd party site (such as Discord) for their actions on this site then you will likely face consequences on this site in the form of a strike or a ban." and I guess this statement goes for the mods aswell, if they say something about politics on a private server. Nothing can be hidden. So what we do in discord affects us here also.

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

It is logically not allowed to say it on SP, but BLM is an nocive separatist extreme left political movement, and according to the rules, it would not be allowed to defend that too..
    What I don't understand is you apparently said it on a private server or not outside of the SP site, what are they doing ?
    If I say something they don't like politically on a discord server, and someone reports it to them, I get banned ?
    I do not understand very well there.

+9 one month ago
  • Profile image
    39.7k Awsomur

The thoughts of a long-retired user don’t mean much, but I stand solidly on your side of the issue.

one month ago
  • Profile image

@Chillybaconface I'm back to building stuff. My current builds all need parts that will come with the update, so I'm not posting yet.

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness Oh man thats why i see you as platinum, I was wondering why did you became a average player not a mod anymore. It's very sad but i hope you could recover from this unfortunate event

one month ago