Profile image

[SOLVED] What's the FT Formula for activating something at a certain speed and what is the measurement needed?

18.6k Mage2IsTriggered  2 months ago

I'm working on a buggy and it's way too fast, however, that's a side effect of it's torque, that's at perfect levels. I want an airbrake to activate at a certain speed to control the top speed, but how do you that?
Likewise, i also wanna know the measurement used in FT for speed. Is it MPH? M/S? KM/H?

• Profile image

a slightly simpler solution without FT would be this:
    v>speed you set it, in which the input controller activates when the set speed is exceeded, measured in mph (to convert to km/h, multiply mph by 1.61), so for example if you want it to top out around 50 mph (~80 km/h) you can set it to v>50 and so on, (although this method tends to be more jittery compared to FT solutions)

one month ago
  • Profile image
    1,746 ZONTA726

If my car is larger than normal and I want to show a sense of speed when using it, I can only use MPH instead of KPH. Maybe this is my own disadvantage

one month ago
  • Profile image
    29.4k Krmo

@Mage2IsTriggered No problem!

one month ago
  • Profile image

@Krmo thank you!

one month ago
  • Profile image
    29.4k Krmo

It should be something like this:
    clamp01(IAS>x)
    If it's too impulsive, 'smooth' should do the thing:
    smooth((clamp01(IAS>x)), y)

x is the speed (in m/s), y is the speed of change, usually between 0.1 and 1.

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    1,610 Soll

i believe it would be something like GS>X (although thats a binary input so it would deploy the airbrake fully as soon as the speed exceeds the limit). having it deploy relative to how much it exceeds the limit you want is more complicated, youre gonna have to consult someone that actually knows a bit of FT

2 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,075 VolcanicAsh

Ft is all metric

2 months ago