Profile image

Grilled Cheese. Delicious level: FACE **GASM

5,714 TheSpartan  4 months ago

So earlier today, I decided I'd have some good ol' grilled cheese for lunch. However, there was no cheddar, but we happened to have a bunch of mozzarella. Here's the result. After letting my younger brother and mother try it, I figured this was too good a recipe NOT to share. I kid you not when I say THIS IS THE BEST GRILLED CHEESE IVE EVER HAD.

[REDACTED]-family style grilled cheese

(Redacted because it contains my surname)

Ingredients
- 2 5/8" thick slices of Amish White Bread (we make our own bread at my house, Dad and I bake them daily)
- 1.5oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 0.5oz pepperoni (I used 5 slices, each were about 1/16" thick and 1 1/4" in diameter)
- 1/4tsp garlic powder
- 1/4tsp onion powder
- 1Tbsp butter

Instructions
1. Set your heat to medium-low, set a 10" nonstick skillet on the burner
2. While your pan is heating up, spread roughly half of your mozzarella over one slice of bread. Take your pepperoni, and evenly cover the mozzarella. Cover the pepperoni layer with the remaining cheese.
3. After placing the second slice on top, reduce your heat to low. Put your butter in the pan, and wait for it to fully melt.
4. Add the garlic and onion powder directly to the butter, mix with a silicone spatula thoroughly.
5. Using a proper spatula, move your uncooked sandwich to the center of the pan. Leave some butter lying around near the edges for the other side of the sandwich. If you want the inside to be evenly melted, smash the sandwich with the spatula, making it as flat as possible.
6. Cover the pan with a lid, and let rest approximately 4 minutes, adjust as needed for preferences.
7. Flip the sandwich after your alotted time is up, and wait the same amount of time.
8. Remove the sandwich and the pan from the heat source. Place the sandwich onto a cutting board, and cut into two halves with the spatula, either diagonally or down the center. DO NOT CUT 100% THROUGH, IT'LL RUIN THE EFFECT.
9. Slowly separate the two halves, watching the mozzarella stretch and stretch
10. With the halves partly separated, carefully move to a plate and serve with a side of your choice.

• Profile image
    2,554 CC1010

Tried it, with different bread and no pepperoni though, can confirm it is true gamer approved and very delicious

Pinned 4 months ago
  • Profile image
    31.6k WarHawk95

Ah yes. Imperial system.

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    28.9k Augusta81

12 hours ago

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    6,305 Tookan

Füd

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    19.4k RandomUser09

@TankerWithATankard so you removed the " o r " word so it won't look offensive.

4 months ago
  • Profile image

I imagine this is a rare recipe that people on the SP website would actually be interested in knowing lol

4 months ago
  • Profile image

Bon appetit

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    25.9k TriStar

Grilled cheese

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    21.4k rexzion

organism

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    12.4k Iaffey

@TankerWithATankard im craving

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,714 TheSpartan

@VolcanicAsh
    Understandable, have a nice day.

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    3,952 YoDudeChase

This sounds awesome

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,075 VolcanicAsh

Uh no American food=ruin my stomach

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    19.4k RandomUser09

@TankerWithATankard ok

4 months ago
  • Profile image
    8,530 WiiMini

Well now I know your last name is "[redacted]"

+10 4 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,714 TheSpartan

@WiiMaus
    Gonna have to wait til the next time I get pepperoni, then. Ran out making one of these for my Mom. Also gotta make more bread.

+1 4 months ago
  • Profile image
    4,485 TheMaus

pics or it didn’t happen.

4 months ago