Profile image

Do you guys know any flight maneuvers for ww2 aircraft

10.0k MrShenanigans  5 months ago

Cause I have a bf-109 and another bf-109 I spawn the plane behind me I try to maneuver myself to get behind him and the A.I. some how finds a way to get behind me and shoot me so please if you know any maneuvers please tell me

• Profile image
    12.4k ChrisPy

Only five brakes I do not know if a single wwII aircraft with traditional air brakes @Astro12

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@Krmo oh ok

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    29.4k Krmo

@MrShenanigans Slow down until he passes you then shoot. (boom boom)

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@Krmo wdym reverse him, boom boom also I'm on android

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    26.2k Astro12

@ChrisPy Some had .

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    29.4k Krmo

Throw yourself around by spamming the rudder - should work for 109s. Lower the throttle, stay out of his line of fire, reverse him, boom boom. (also hold S a lot, don't lift your finger off of the S key, even if you have a flightstick.)

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image

@Tookan oh cool but wouldn't that be realistic

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    6,305 Tookan

@MrShenanigans
    Make it unstable (decrease/increase plane drag/mass), use Yaw a lot, spam all controls in terms of flight for your plane until it's uncontrollable

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image

@Tookan and how do I make the plane have a seizure?

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@ChrisPy oh cool thanks

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    12.4k ChrisPy

WWII airplanes do not have air brakes. To slow down fast you can go into the rolling scissors turn. The AI will automatically recognize this and engage in the turn however so it’s all about who’s the better pilot. This should help
    @Astro12

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    6,305 Tookan

make your plane have a seizure and flat spin to drop like a rock so the enemy thinks wtf

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    26.2k Astro12

@MrShenanigans And the main addition: Regularly make smeared barrel, when the enemy is on your tail.

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@Astro12 oh cool I really like the idea with the airbrake also thanks for the tips

5 months ago
  • Profile image
    26.2k Astro12

There are several simple ways :
    1. Passing :
    - The airplane needs an air brake .
    When the enemy is behind you, slow down and use the brake. Also pull up a little. As soon as the enemy flies past, disengage the brake, put the thrust to full and attack the enemy in the tail.

1. A turn with flaps:

• The plane should have working flaps.

Since the AI does not know how to use the flaps, you can give yourself an advantage and increase maneuverability by releasing the flaps at the right time.

And tips:

1. Do not maneuver directly.
      A simple example: you and your enemy went head-to-head and survived without damage. Look where he is maneuvering. Do not turn in his direction, turn where he will. Don't tail him. Turn where he's going. That's a skill that comes with experience.

2. Don't stay too long in a frontal attack. At 400-700 meters, turn down. If you miss that point, it's a big risk. You could collide, or the enemy could hit you. If you do this in time, the enemy will not have time to follow you and you will have a couple of seconds to maneuver.

3. Keep Altitude.
      This is a tip. Always have an altitude reserve. This is the main rule of air combat. You have more energy and a better chance of escaping after a bad approach.

+4 5 months ago
  • Profile image

@edensk yeah I realize they don't throttle down except for landing but I did do one maneuver well I wouldn't call it much as a maneuver him and I were doing a circle and I throttled down and when he went in front of me I shot at him but sadly he left the circle

+1 5 months ago
  • Profile image
    15.5k edensk

look them up, scissors, high and low yo-yos...
    The AI never lowers throttle, so use that to your advantage

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@AWESOMENESS360 1 understood 2,3 no

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@MrShenanigans
    step 1: Place your finger on the pitch and roll joystick, or your WASD Keys if you’re on PC.
    Step 2: Have a Seizure
    Step 3: Profit?

5 months ago
  • Profile image

@PioThePioneer and how do you do it?

5 months ago