Profile image

Why the people of SP need universal uploading with screenshots!

38.5k asteroidbook345  one month ago

The people of SimplePlanes (mainly IOS users) are being stricken of their ability to succeed in an increasingly competitive field of play. Many users are unable to provide the flashy screenshots that PC and Android users are able to. I myself have resorted to using my PC to upload my builds, since I can upload it with screenshots. However, it is essential that we make it easier for IOS users to receive the recognition they deserve. We should also include an option to remove the UI on mobile devices in order to take better screenshots, or install a screenshot button that takes a shot without the UI in the way.

Reason 1: Fairness

In order to level the playing field and give everyone an equal opportunity, we must allow them to provide their best screenshots like all other users.

Reason 2: Attraction

People will be more likely to be attracted to the game if they are able to find success, as all humans, whether they like it or not, are looking for the validation of upvotes and comments on their work. Attractive screenshots mean more popularity, therefore new users are more likely to recommend SP to a friend.

Reason 3: It's just cool

Screenshots are fun. Being able to select a picture from your camera roll and inserting it is a proper showcase of a build you may have spend ages working on, and editing the screenshot itself is just as demanding.

Conclusion

This is why we must provide the same screenshotting opportunities to mobile devices as we do PC players. We don't absolutely need frecam or zoom, but it would be nice to make screenshots look their best. We do, however, need to be able to upload our own screenshots, and take good-quality ones without having to crop the UI out.

• Profile image

I don't know if this is political or not lol

User voice - vote here!

Pinned one month ago
  • Profile image

@Botfinder yeah it’s possible but it depends on your device and stuff

one month ago
  • Profile image
    12.8k Botfinder

Android users don't have the luxury of universal Uploading with custom screen shots... trust me its possible but extremely difficult to pull off

one month ago
  • Profile image

@MrPorg137 lol

one month ago
  • Profile image
    7,546 SirPorg

@asteroidbook345 Yeah, I never thought of that.

one month ago
  • Profile image

@MrPorg137 True. But keep in mind that there are still people who don't understand the difference between XML and actual mods, and there are people who are like "I need funky trees because it's impossible on mobile" like overload isn't a thing.

one month ago
  • Profile image
    7,546 SirPorg

I agree, screenshots should be on all devices. But if everyone can do screenshots, it will become normal and nothing will stand out. Having NO screenshot will stand out. Maybe that means that silver and under (if we're doing it that way) will have their builds stand out so they will climb the ranks to a certain point, then they would be able to make custom screenshots.

one month ago
  • Profile image
    150k spefyjerbf

@AstleyIndustries Yeah, I was thinking of something like that. That should work.

one month ago
  • Profile image

@Jerba true, but it would prevent people from posting nsfw stuff just to troll. Maybe it could be bronze though

one month ago
  • Profile image
    560 Jerba

For your idea of limiting to silver and up- This would destroy any player who can’t build decently well and get some upvotes. They would be stuck at copper more or less forever, as 1-mostly all copper planes (unless they just made an account but know how to build with detail) never make it that far up the pages, with not many people seeing them. I don’t have another idea for this but I just wanted to say.@asteroidbook345

one month ago
  • Profile image
    560 Jerba

PLEASE. IT WOULD MAKE MY PICTURES BE SO MUCH EASIER TO TAKE.

one month ago
  • Profile image

@JaeBeansS hmmmm

one month ago
  • Profile image
    1,335 JaeBeansS

@asteroidbook345 my head is spinning,my hope is crashing inside,Well I cannot take the screenshot when sharing it,it always disappear,like my hope when I almost made my planes

one month ago
  • Profile image

@JaeBeansS It's at the top of the designer. Since Android and PC/Mac already had designersuite, the original mod was simply integrated into them. IOS, however, did not have the mod available, so it had to be integrated separately. That left the old grey bar that says Ortho/Images and Attachments at the top.

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    1,335 JaeBeansS

@asteroidbook345 what do you mean by pulldown?do I need to download the old ver of sp?or do I need to download the mod(well I know that you can see the designer suite mod on Android xD)

one month ago
  • Profile image

@JaeBeansS Use designersuite. It only works if you use the old pulldown at the top of the designer screen

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    1,335 JaeBeansS

@asteroidbook345 hey sir/maam how can you upload screenshots in Android?

one month ago
  • Profile image

@AstleyIndustries Aaaahhh ok.

one month ago
  • Profile image

@asteroidbook345 account age is how old your account is, not your actual age
    It prevents people from making a throwaway account just to troll

one month ago
  • Profile image

@AstleyIndustries SP already has an age requirement, and I suggested a point limit earlier. They'll figure something out

one month ago
  • Profile image

@spefyjerbf just have a points or account age requirement, works on reddit
    Even something like 100 points + 1 week should be more than enough

one month ago
  • Profile image

@EternalDarkness Oh weird it didn't go through. I'll fix that straight away.

one month ago
  • Profile image

@TurtlesThatFly Lol thanks. The only way around it is to make the UI much smaller, but then it's hard to hit the corner buttons.

one month ago
  • Profile image

@TheMachinist There's no image here unless you mean when you're trying to upload a plane

+1 one month ago
  • Profile image
    6,338 Vayloz

Wait, Android users can upload with screenshots? If it's using 3-touch then, no hype.

This comment will be deleted

one month ago