Today, starting at 8:00 AM CST, I will be gaming for 24 hours to help raise money for St. Louis Children's Hospital.
I will be attempting to stream the whole marathon on Twitch.tv
I will be trying to play SimplePlanes starting at 1:00 PM CST and then SimpleRockets at 2:00 PM CST. I plan on playing a variety of games, but nothing set in stone aside from those two games.
More info can be found in my previous post here. Donations are tax deductible and all proceeds will go to St. Louis Children's Hospital. Please consider donating if you are able, it goes to a great cause.
Success! We managed to exceed our goal and raised $360 for St. Louis Children's Hospital!
I want to thank everyone for the support, especially those that donated money and those that hung out with me on the stream for so long. Some of you were watching almost as long as I was playing! It was great hanging out and talking with you guy and gals. They money we raised yesterday (and this morning) will go to St. Louis Children's Hospital and will help make a difference in the lives of sick and injured kids.
This year's game day was the biggest in the history of the Extra Life program. Extra Lifers across the globe managed to raise $6,360,566 for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in 2015 (with 2 months still remaining), breaking the previous year's record and pushing the grand total past $20 million dollars raised since the program's inception in 2008. I think it is fantastic news that Extra Life is growing year by year and it is awesome that we got to be a part of this great cause. Thank you all!
For those of you that missed the stream or want a quick recap, here is what I remember...
- Started with some Mirror's Edge
- Messed around in SimplePlanes
- Tried some challenges in SimpleRockets (landed on Smoon, yay!)
- Played some more SimplePlanes. Flew lots of community planes... then crashed them in to bridges.
- My wife and I played against some bots in Counter Strike
- Attempted to play some Besiege
- Andrew and Philip joined my wife and I in Counter Strike - she kicked my butt on my own live stream! :-)
- Played a bit more Besiege and a few random games
- Had some brutal murders (and one successful heart transplant) in Surgeon Simulator
- Played some more Mirrors Edge and beat it!
- Finished up with several hours of The Witcher 3
Once again, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT!!