The 1.7 update is now available at your local app store! Here is the trailer showing the new features:
Here's what's new in 1.7:
- Countermeasure Dispenser (Chaffs / Flares)
- Unguided Rocket
- Cleaver (cruise missile)
- Part Transform tool
- Improved Damage Model
- Parts can now take damage instead of instantly exploding
- Engines can catch on fire
- Control surfaces, RCNs, rotators, etc can be shot out
- Wings can leak fuel
- Improved look and performance of bullets
- Chaffs and flares can now prevent and break locks
- Aircraft size and engines also play a role in how difficult it is to acquire a lock
- WW2 Destroyer with Flak Cannons
- WW2 Torpedo Mission
- Number entry on Fuselage Properties
- Redesigned Fire buttons
- Allow downloading any sized plane on mobile (as long as you are logged in)
- Improved the look of high-quality water on mobile
- Cycle designer part properties buttons in reverse via right-click
- Improved mirroring in the designer
- Disable Auto-Sizing of nose cones after it has been manually resized
- AI fire countermeasures
- Bridge Demolition Mission is a bit harder
- Collisions between dynamic rigid bodies now downscale the impact force if the other body has less mass.
- Bomb explosions have been updated
- Some smoke damage particle effects have been updated
- Damage for various weapons has been tweaked as well as the health of the ships. It may take more to sink them now.
- AI plane tweaks (dogfighting should work better now)
- Bombs and missiles that have been fired are no longer affected by explosions (easier to carpet bomb now).
- Fixed part menu scrolling
- Fixed bug that allowed missiles without cameras to load terrain.
- Fixed a couple bugs related to races.
- Fixed some issues with wing leveling mode.
- Fixed a couple bugs with control surface deflection calculations.
- Fixed a bug with the 'Loading...' label getting stuck when attempting to enter a level with banned parts.
- Fixed a bug with AA missiles exploding at the wrong position.
- Fixed a bug with mirroring scaled parts.
- Some crash detection logic has been added to help prevent the game from getting stuck with a airplane design that always crashes the game. If the game crashes while attempting to load the designer or terrain, the game should prompt you after restarting if you want to remove the current airplane from the designer. This should help some of our mobile users that download an airplane that is a little too beefy for thier device to handle.
- The fuselage rise/run limits have been increased to 5.
- Fixed a bug with part property sliders sometimes showing an incorrect slider position.
- Fixed a bug with incorrect calculations for control surface deflection.
- The propeller engine no longer restricts modded engine power to within normal range when selected.
- Made some tweaks to the missiles related to them traveling at their specified max speeds.
- Reduced the distance that a piston snaps to its target position, so it's less jarring when looking closely.
- Rockets now check the impact force when collisions occur, no longer blowing up if sneezed on.
- Fixed an issue with rotators failing to find a joint after being mirrored. It's still not perfect, but much improved.
- The tire squeal no longer plays at the camera.
- Fixed bug with center of mass being incorrect for bodies with 0 total mass. (fixes 0 mass missile wobble on detachers)
- Ability to invert input from XML by placing a minus sign in front of the input
- Updated the boolean type inputs for input controllers to return -1 or 1 rather than 0 or 1. This allows the use of the input controllers min/max values to be used in conjunction with the boolean input types.
- Add firingDelay XML Option to Existing Weapons
- Hidden XML Option for Self Destruct and Burn Time on Rockets.
- Add Support for input="Activate1" (that’s AG1) on InputControllers
- The “disableAircraftCollisions” attribute on guns can now be used to prevent your bullets from colliding with your plane.
- Missile XML now supports a 'maxSpeed' attribute. Existing planes (but not new ones) with low mass missiles will now auto-upgrade to a higher than normal max speed.
- Added "invertType" option to the InputController. Defaults to "axis" for most parts and to "output" for rotators.
- XML support for scaling bullets (now set with "bulletScale", not the part's scale - old planes auto-upgraded).
- XML support for disabling gun muzzle flash ("muzzleFlash" - true/false)
- Added Unity version check to the mod builder window.
- Removed warning about multiple mods loading the same exact assembly.
- Added load priority for mods to better manage mod dependencies.
Thank you so much to all of the beta testers who helped us squash an insane number of bugs!