We're happy to announce that SimplePlanes VR will be going live in just 2 days, this Friday, Dec 17.
SimplePlanes update - v1.12.116/117(android/ios)
By this Friday, the update will have been tested by the community on Steam for nearly two months. Starting yesterday, the update began rolling out for beta testing on mobile as well. We think it's in pretty good shape everywhere, but of course we wanted to have the build available for beta testers to check out. The update is primarily focused on refining the VR experience, but it also contains various bug-fixes and quality of life improvements for existing features, especially regarding interactive cockpits parts.
Here is a link to the release notes and is where we're asking everyone to report bugs/give feedback on the update itself.
Some key info
- SimplePlanes VR will have a launch discount for a limited time.
- Once logged in, you have access to the same craft in both games.
- SimplePlanes includes an aircraft builder, SimplePlanes VR does not.
- Except for those which require building; all challenges, islands, locations, aircraft, etc. are available in both games.
- Buying them both on Steam will automatically enable VR in SimplePlanes. After VR is enabled in SimplePlanes you can do everything there, without switching games.
"Why are you charging for VR?"
For some people, it's been about seven years since we asked them for additional funds to continue developing SimplePlanes. We felt that VR was a good feature to ask some money for, if that sort of thing interests you. If it doesn't, you are still free to use all the new parts and features in SimplePlanes which were added with VR in mind.
"What's with all of this talk about wishlists...I don't even have a VR headset?"
We get it, everyone asks you to wishlist their fancy new game...why do they do that?
We ask b/c it helps our chances of having a successful launch. Even if you don't have a VR headset..by adding it to your wishlist on Steam/Quest stores you're letting them know it's something that you're potentially interested in, it's that simple.