Edit: New beta is available. Details here.
We just started a small beta that includes some features that didn't quite make it into the last update. Most notably the lead indicator for the guns and cannons, tracer rounds for the cannons, and a big update to Funky Trees. Also, we've upgraded Unity to a newer version in hopes that it will address some of the performance issues on Android. If you had performance issues with the latest update on your Android device, please let us know how this version is running.
The 1.9.202 beta is now available on Steam and it should be available in a few hours on Google Play and iOS.
If you encounter any bugs, please submit a bug report here.
- Added air-to-air lead predictor for guns and cannons
- Added Tracer Rounds to Cannon
- Funky Trees now supports multiple types: Numbers (floating point), Booleans (true/false) and Strings (text). Values will be implicitly converted between these types if possible, for backwards compatibility, so a value of true will convert to 1 if used as if it was a number, and a value of false will be -1.
- New literals, "string", true, and false.
- New operators:
- Comparison: "=", ">", ">=", "<=", "<"
- Boolean Operators: "&" (and), "|" (or)
- Ternary (selection) Operator: a ? b : c (essentially if a then b else c)
- New parameters:
- GForce (omnidirectional "force" acting on the pilot, in g)
- VerticalG (vertical component of G)
- SelectedWeapon (the name of the selected weapon, such as "Boom 50")
- New functions:
- ammo("Weapon") (where Weapon is the name of a weapon; for instance ammo("Cannon") returns the number of cannon rounds available as shown in the weapons drawer. ammo(SelectedWeapon) [note no quotes, as it's the variable not the string value] returns the ammo for the selected weapon)
- Special functions: These are functions that have special functionality can store previous values, something not previously possible
- rate(x): the rate of change of x.
- sum(x): the integration of x over time.
- smooth(x, rate): the output follows x, but only at a maximum speed of x units per second.
- PID(target, current, p, i, d): A PID controller with the parameters p, i and d.
- Some potential parsing bugs were fixed with - signs.
- This shouldn't break old expressions, if it does please report to me (@WNP78)
activationGroupinputs now support entering FT expressions (which are taken as Boolean values)
- Control surface and beacon light inputs now support entering FT expressions
- Debug Command:
- Open the dev console in level and type DebugExpression "expression" (for instance, DebugExpression "AltitudeAgl > 10").
- Use ClearDebugExpressions to clear the list.
- Added impactDamageScalar, explosionScalar, flashSpace, and flashScale XML properties to cannon
- flashSpace sets the simulation space for cannon muzzle flash, either "Local" or "World"
- Updated Fine Tuner with cancel MultiSelect when no parts are selected
- Upgraded to Unity 2018.4.18f1, which will hopefully fix some performance issues on Android
- Fixed IAS algorithm
- Fixed bug breaking guns alternate firing
- Fixed reticle persistence issue on bomb predictor
- Fixed layer mask for part select tool
- Fixed attach point select with finger aid
- Fixed designer platform not instantly showing
- Fixed a bug that prevented Trim and VTOL sliders from displaying for combined input, such as "Trim + Vtol"
- Cannon wind sfx no longer play while paused