Credit to Mod and ChichiWerx for information, testing and feedback.
This is the plane that ruined P-38 day over Ploiesti oil fields. (Story). Despite both sides account on kills/loses (influenced by propaganda), grandpa (who was part of the ground crews) told me that truth was somewhere in between. P-38 was inferior at low altitude to IAR-80 and Americans never repeated that dive-bombing mission profile.
1 - Extend/Activate Bamb
3 - Eject bombing installation, back to fighter
7 - Lights OFF/ON
8 - Ground Crew Power ON/OFF (Invisible crew rotating plane on ground)
Big RED light on right wing tip
VTOL down - Flaps (50% on takeoff,100% on landing)
TRIM - Trimming
- Perfect Stability (Plane only has small auto-roll when LG comes up because the asymmetric speed of LG retraction. Realistic, since LG has mass)
- Hollow Landing Gear housing (Actual Wheels Wells)
- Crew Power simulates the ground crew rotating the plane in the right position (since this model doesn't have a turnable landing gear). Cuts the engine power.
- Careful on landing, this one starts to stall under 90 mph.
- No airbrakes, but LG down and flaps down slow down the plane quite a lot
- Plane matches the specs (turning rate, roll rate, max speed etc), blueprints and characteristics.
- War Thunder color theme.
- Successors 3 airplane(s)
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 34.9ft (10.6m)
- Length 29.7ft (9.1m)
- Height 12.4ft (3.8m)
- Empty Weight 4,445lbs (2,016kg)
- Loaded Weight 6,040lbs (2,740kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.558
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.099
- Wing Loading 15.0lbs/ft2 (73.5kg/m2)
- Wing Area 401.5ft2 (37.3m2)
- Drag Points 2470
- Number of Parts 503
- Control Surfaces 4