EZ 42 Holographic Sight
This is a Holographic Weapon Sight. This means that the reticle is projected onto a glass plate. The reticle also follows the moves of your airplane, which makes shooting accurately easier, because giving lead is more intuitive.
It is a "replica" of the German EZ 42 which was used on most of their fighters like the Bf 109 and the Fw 190.
How to Use:
1. Drag the BLUE BLOCK into a sub-assembly. This will make sure all components of the block will come along into the sub-assembly.
2. Load the plane you want to use it on.
3. Place the EZ 42 to the side of your airplane! DO NOT ATTACH IT TO THE AIRPLANE, because this will ruin the connections.
!!!DO NOT DRAG ANY MORE BLOCKS FROM THIS POINT FORWARD TO AVOID MAKING UNWANTED CONNECTIONS!!!
4. Attach the same blue block to the fuselage of your aircraft using the DesignerSuite mod or your connection mod of choice.
5. Use the FineTuner mod and select the blue block and THE CAMERA and everything that is above the blue block (the reticle itself and the hollow fuselage that represents the glass plate). Now place this multiselection where you want your EZ 42 to be (it doesn't have to align with the cockpit, because it has its own camera).
6. Now use FineTuner to select the two springs together with the two blocks attached to the ends of the springs. You can now hide this multiselection anywhere you want (make sure there is some free "hidden space" above it because when using it, it will bob up). Make sure no unwanted connections are created.
7. Go for a test flight, it should work by now, if it doesn't move up and down/left and right you did something wrong... Start over and try again.
8. Test how far it moves up/down/left/right if you want to make it go further, lower the suspension and damper of the corresponding shock. Fine tune this till you are happy.
9. I know that was quite a lot, so good job! You should be good now, if it doesn't work please leave a comment or contact me through Discord.
- Successors 1 airplane(s)
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 48.9ft (14.9m)
- Length 30.6ft (9.3m)
- Height 13.0ft (4.0m)
- Empty Weight 4,723lbs (2,142kg)
- Loaded Weight 6,075lbs (2,755kg)
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.37
- Wing Loading 15.8lbs/ft2 (77.1kg/m2)
- Wing Area 384.6ft2 (35.7m2)
- Drag Points 1586
- Number of Parts 33
- Control Surfaces 5