9K31"Strela-1" / SA-9 "Gaskin"
REPOST: Improved off-road and amphibious performance Slower acceleration, less engine power, belly wheels more efficient 360 degree lock angle, less effective missiles Cockpit moved from turret on main body
[Mobile, short-range, low altitude IR guided surface-to-air missile system]
Also known by its NATO reporting name, SA-9 "Gaskin", the system consists of a BRDM-2 amphibious vehicle, mounting two pairs of ready-to-fire 9M31 missiles.
- This is not an off-road god mode fun this time, i tried (for the sake of realism) to make the vehicle handling plausible. Max speed (65mph) is for tarmac, not off-road
- Even if belly wheels are not installed on SAM variant, they are a cool BRDM-2 feature. You can use them for extra grip on ramps, if you get stuck or better off-road performance.
- Missiles are not overpowered, just a bit better than stock parts. Missile lockAngle is 360, but still you have to adjust the turret for an efficient missile launch. SA-9 is not efficient against 1+ mach targets
- Deactivating the missiles system (Ag-1) resets the turret to initial position
- You can enter water NOW at high speed or steep angles on any axis.
- Acceleration is normal now, it needs 9-10 seconds to get to 60 mph.
- Water speed is a bit higher than default 6 mph speed (too boring). Land speed matches the real thing (100km/65mph).
- Width, Length and Height are 0.5ft, 1ft and 0.5ft larger than real thing. (still suspension squeezes on deploy and vehicle is at right height on road)
- Predecessor Anti-Aircraft Challenge
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 9.8ft (3.0m)
- Length 20.9ft (6.4m)
- Height 13.6ft (4.2m)
- Empty Weight 15,093lbs (6,846kg)
- Loaded Weight 15,979lbs (7,248kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 0.843
- Horse Power/Weight Ratio 0.028
- Wing Loading -439,839.3lbs/ft2 (-2,147,483.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 0.0ft2 (0.0m2)
- Drag Points 7154
- Number of Parts 259
- Control Surfaces 0