PANAVIA TORNADO GR4
Thank you Mod for testing/feedback.
Improved model, better thrust reversal mechanics, issues fixed
(Green variant IDS cancelled)
VTOL UP Wing sweep
VTOL DOWN Flaps
1 Speed Brakes
3 Fuel Probe
8 Reverse Thrusters (PowerBack)
5-6-7 Eject Ordinance
- Stable at max speed at sea level (700/870 mph)
- Different flight characteristics on wings position (default position> Higher turn rate, normal speed. Extended position> Poor turn rate, max speed)
- Custom Wings, Landing Gear, Accurate weapons characteristics, Blueprints etc.
- Matches specifications (size, height, fuel capacity, speed/acceleration etc.)
- Painful build. Most complicated model I ever made. There are a ton of hinges/rotator/pistons.
Reverse thrusters work like they should, on the runaway, but they make the plane go in reverse during taxi. That function is called PowerBack. Be sure you deactivate them when the plane stops. If you use it for taxi, to go reverse into a spot, don't have them active more than several seconds, or you'll gain speed in the wrong way. Just press 8, wait a bit to start moving, press 8 again and brake.
Sadly, cannot make reverse thrusters based exclusively on throttle because Brake key kills the engine power. So when people brake normally on runaway, no more RT.
LANDING: Go around 10-20% Throttle. Activate SpeedBrakes (1) Around 200 mph lower the flaps/slats (VTOL down). Touch down at 150 - 180mph. Activate reverse thrusters (8) and spoilers/wheel brakes (B). Plane will stop. Deactivate reverse thrusters.
- Successors 7 airplane(s)
- This plane has been featured
- Created On Windows
- Wingspan 47.2ft (14.4m)
- Length 54.4ft (16.6m)
- Height 20.8ft (6.4m)
- Empty Weight 24,847lbs (11,270kg)
- Loaded Weight 43,749lbs (19,844kg)
- Power/Weight Ratio 1.541
- Wing Loading 33.1lbs/ft2 (161.6kg/m2)
- Wing Area 1,321.9ft2 (122.8m2)
- Drag Points 4798
- Number of Parts 429
- Control Surfaces 5