>>This challenge is, most probably, the first tank challenge. I haven't seen one thus far so I thought it would be nice for this to be a firster. You gotta build a tank, wheeled tank, tank destroyer or self-propelled gun. It can be pretty much anything that's armored, has some sort of gun and moves on tracks or wheels :)
THE TANK CHALLENGE
1. No more than one entry per user.
2. Your build must have a minimum of 200 parts and a maximum of 1200. Any part hacks (such as adding hidden fuel tanks so as to increase the part count) are not allowed.
3. Wheeled tanks are allowed too.
4. Your entry must be a successor.
5. Deadline: 17th of November. Might take a while for me to rate all entries so be patient (school gets in the way, sorry)
6. While I do accept futuristic concepts, you are limited to using caterpillars/wheels.
7. No mods allowed. You can only use designer mods such as FT or Overload but nothing else (this, in particular, refers to piece mods).
8. You can use XML modding outside of the designer.
9. NO. HOVER. TANKS. Duh...
10. Your tank must be yours and only yours. Basically, it's gotta be original.
How functional is your tank? Does it have a traversable gun or turret? Does it feature actual tracks? Does it cross over rough terrain?
How good does it look? How much detail does it have on it?
How well is your tank put together?
How accurate is your build compared to the real machine? How innovative is it?
All valid entries get an upvote.
Top 5 highest rated entries get a spotlight.
Top 3 highest rated also get a follower besides the following:
1st place: 15 upvotes
2nd place: 10 upvotes
3rd place: 5 upvotes
Feel free to ask me anything that is unclear to you. As for inspiration, you've got sites like sketchfab.com and tanks.gg . These two, in particular, feature 3D models that you can rotate around. Sketchfab works for mobile and PC while tanks.gg is PC-only.