27.2k Jetpackturtle  11 months ago

simply another nail in the coffin

• Profile image
    274 Orbit

haha

11 months ago
  • Profile image
    45.9k Phantomium

Talking to a bonehead is like talking to a wall: the people behind might hear you if you speak loud enough.

+1 11 months ago
  • Profile image
    151k spefyjerbf

Not gonna lie. Looking through these comments was pretty fun. I should add though, that posting a forum post about sled’s principles (and how they may be incorrect) wouldn’t really do anything. He isn’t really open to being convinced... The plane looks pretty good though!

11 months ago
  • Profile image
    12.1k CruzerBlade

so we back in the mine @CrashFighter05
    k i'll stop

11 months ago
  • Profile image

@Jetpackturtle aw man

11 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,882 Being

@HarryBen47 I don’t mind his building style or preference, but I dislike his arrogant attitude.
    Read what I have written.

11 months ago
  • Profile image

@AstleyIndustries kek

11 months ago
  • Profile image

@CrashFighter05 i don't plan on posting it

11 months ago
  • Profile image

@HarryBen47 read my comment below, im fine with him using programming, im not fine with him throwing traditional builders under the bus

+1 11 months ago
  • Profile image
    12.1k CruzerBlade

oh boy can't wait till sled rants on my A320 once it gets posted

+3 11 months ago
  • Profile image
    11.8k HNL

Idk why people hate sledDriver this is how he enjoy the game, he like programming and he love when he use his programming skill to build plane. Stop being mad at him for this reason. Just simlpy don't try to use this script and build your own stuff with your hand instead and you will not have problem with "imitation is the best form of flattery"

+2 11 months ago
  • Profile image

Upvote for nice forum name

+2 11 months ago
  • Profile image
    100k belugasub

Oh man sled driver is gonna have a mega tantrum

+2 11 months ago
  • Profile image

@Being He does make amazing aircraft, and I have nothing against using scripts, but he holds his method to be higher than all others. here
    I don't think he understands that sometimes the thrill of making something work just like engineers at Rockwell or Lockheed did carries an immense thrill. Being able to design your own plane or car with the plausibility that it might function in real life is highly rewarding to me. He needs to understand that there are other ways of enjoying this game than his own; and the inclination to build in real life doesn't show a lack of imagination, it shows a will to succeed and reverse-engineer real planes, which takes a ton of curiosity and imagination.

+5 11 months ago
  • Profile image

@Being Exactly, I've got a ever-expanding file of screenshots from his comments that I one day intend to use in a forum post calmly, and kindly, explaining why his principles are incorrect.

11 months ago
  • Profile image
    5,882 Being

I too am not a fan of SledDrivers attitude.
    The other day, he had said that my build was an attempt to get a so-called “rise out of him” even though my inspiration was Tully, and not him. He then made the comment that “imitation is the best form of flattery” even though I did not know of his particular building style until after my build was complete.
    I had posted comments stating that I was not copying him or even getting influence from him and he removed my comments.
    He doesn’t own the building style even if he was the first to use it. He acts as if he has invented and created the best things to ever exist on the site. Even if he has, I believe that it is quite arrogant of him to say such a thing.
    Sorry for the rant, but I just felt the need to get that out.
    Nice build!

+12 11 months ago
  • Profile image

@Looney Exactly, and he claims his building skill is "many, many levels above theirs" yet in the ONE build with homemade landing gear, it's very crude
    (and yes, it's WNP's, mess with the math function to get these shapes

11 months ago
  • Profile image

uhh
    tag me!

11 months ago
  • Profile image

@Jetpackturtle Hypersonic bomber in the shape of a nail? Heck. Yes.

11 months ago
  • Profile image
    14 Looney

@Jetpackturtle WNP's then? I still can't figure out how to make more than an arch with it lol. I'm half on board with the last bit you said, half of me applauds sled for making a new style of plane here, but I don't like how he thinks it's better than actually handmade planes. His aircraft dont have landing gear, cockpits, or any other detail.

11 months ago
  • Profile image

@Thelegitpilot13 That's the plan

11 months ago
  • Profile image

@Looney No, I'm using a different one. This build is a poke at SledDriver, I'm sick of his self-righteous behavior

+4 11 months ago
  • Profile image

I can only see this going ridiculously fast

11 months ago
  • Profile image
    14 Looney

@Jetpackturtle Ah, are you using the SSG made by sleddriver?

11 months ago
  • Profile image

@Looney Scripts

11 months ago