Profile image

1.9 Suggestion, Vehicle Changing

6,226 Mango34  1.3 years ago

I have an idea...

Maybe add a button to switch vehicles IN the LEVEL!. Basically you would spawn an AI plane and then maybe if you pressed a button, you could change to that vehicle. Then if you pressed another button you could switch back.

What I would be useful for

Imagine that you had a huge cargo plane, you dropped the cargo ramp then switched to an AI car to drive onto the ramp, You could switch back to the cargo plane and close the ramp, and take off. Wouldn't that be epic!?!?

More depth

For switching you would maybe double click (or double tap) on to the vehicles targeting box to switch to other vehicles.
Perhaps we could also have the option to spawn the vehicle with AI or without AI
-suggested by OliverVonBismarck

More ideas

An option to set the cockpit to be target able with Air to ground weapons. Would be perfect for tanks and trucks and the like-Suggested by OliverVonBismarck

Do you think this should be implemented to the game? Any changes you have to my suggestion? What else do you think should be added to SP?

• Profile image
    6,226 Mango34

@randomusername yes

+1 1.2 years ago
  • Profile image
    6,226 Mango34

@Strucker Good idea

1.2 years ago
  • Profile image
    8,873 Strucker

For now just save a version of a vehicle without an engine if ya don’t want it to drive away. As for everything else, that would be good.

+1 1.2 years ago
  • Profile image
    6,226 Mango34

@GeneralOliverVonBismarck Completely agree, Adding it to the list

1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

I agree. I don't want to attack tanks with air-to-air missiles. @GeneralOliverVonBismarck

1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

An option to set the cockpit to be target able with Air to ground weapons. Would be perfect for tanks and trucks and the like @PositivePlanes

+2 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

Another ida @PositivePlanes

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    627 Jerba

I’m in. I need this feature so I can use this one giant cargo plane.

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    6,226 Mango34

@GeneralOliverVonBismarck Thanks

1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

Not at all @PositivePlanes

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    6,226 Mango34

@GeneralOliverVonBismarck Yeah that would be useful, Mind If I add It to the post?

1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    7,781 Ryn176

Y E S

+2 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

Perhaps we could also have the option to spawn the vehicle with AI or without AI @PositivePlanes

+2 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    6,226 Mango34

@thefalkenreich Yeah

1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

Same here
    @thefalkenreich

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

This would work really well for my Dry dock project. The AI never spawns in the right place

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

I NEEEEEED IIIITTTTT!!!!!
    Though yeah, I could make a fully functional aircraft carrier with this! (switching between controlling planes and aircraft carrier)
    muffled evil laugh

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    3,470 SelectAKey

original SR has it!

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

*Drives AI to convenient place to use as a target

+5 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    12.3k CruzerBlade

yesss

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    9,155 vcharng

I would also want cockpit switching.
    There are some times you want to switch from primary cockpit to non-primary, without using cameras as cameras don't have crosshairs and other reasons.

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

It would bo cool if you had a pilot in the cockpit block that you could control an walk around with like steve in minecraft. some working lights would be nice, oh! and underwater too like the mod only part of the game! and more missions.

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image

It reminds me of BeamNG lol @CRJ900Pilot

+2 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    29.9k CRJ900Pilot

@AndrewGarrison
    I don't know if this would be possible, but seeing as you are the head developer I thought I should ask you. Just think of all the possibilities this could bring

+1 1.3 years ago
  • Profile image
    29.9k CRJ900Pilot

This would make it similar to, ndare I say, Kerbal Space Program. Not in a bad way, not at all, I think that would be a great thing to have. It would make the game a lot more fun. I totally agree, like the other James

+1 1.3 years ago